Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Let the Halloween Festivities Begin...



After a busy weekend, we made time to decorate pumpkins after ballet and gymnastics last night. Since I didn't buy any "safety" pumpkin knives, or any neat carving kits- I hacked into them with a good old fashioned steak knife, and the kids helped me scoop out the seeds with our cereal spoons and hands. They kept saying, "I don't like being all ooey and gooey" but I think they enjoyed the experience. Owen really liked his silly "happy face" pumpkin, and Kylee liked her butterfly pumpkin once Daddy got home from his meeting to fix it!


Today we will go to Great Grandma Joy's house to decorate halloween cookies before Kylee's gymnastics. Tomorrow will be crazy- we'll dress up for a field trip with Kylee's class to sing for the "Grandma's and Grandpa's" at the convalescent hospital, then we'll head out to Lewiston to trick-or-treat at both Great Grandparent's houses, we'll trick-or-treat back in Weaverville at all the shops on Main street, go to the Fire House for the smoke maze and safety info, and go to a Halloween Party that night at our friend's house. Whew... and I still haven't picked out a costume!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Wow, it looks like you all are going to have a really really busy Halloween. I love the pumpkins!! I especially love that mom hacked into it with a good ol' fashion steak knife...that's the way to do it!!

We are just going to keep a low profile for Halloween. We're just going to pass out candy to all the neighborhood kids.

I can't wait to see you all in Sac for Kylee's birthday. We're really looking forward to the HMS on ice show and Chuck-e Chesse. See you all soon!!