Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Little Man is 4!


Owen has been BEGGING to be 4 since his buddies started turning 4 last fall... and he is SO happy he finally caught them. When November rolls around we're gonna start hearing about how much he'd like to be FIVE now... but I'll take this nice month of peace and happiness with Owen being the big numero cuatro. I cannot believe it's been FOUR years since I became a mom to a son. I love what Owen has brought to our family, he's spirited, full of emotion, loves his family and friends, and is very good about learning and following the rules -as long as they are rules that he isn't currently the one breaking :). He keeps me on my toes, and keeps me laughing with his cute, witty comments all day long. I am amazed by his growth, and can't helped but stop and stare at the BOY he's morphed into. He is no longer my LOUD talking chatter box, goofy-grinning little toddler. I sat in preschool and watched him lead his class in their morning calendar routine last week (in English and Spanish), and I was just lost in the moment. His teacher looked at me, and said, "What happened to that little boy that used to toddle around here?" It's crazy, he insists on signing in his own name and date every morning- he's on the fast track to Kindergarten now... and I kinda just want to push the pause button and slow it all down. Hold on speed racer... just soak it up, preschool is awesome- let's focus on finishing this year up, ok, buddy? But, I love my little man and no matter how much I miss those sweet baby days, I am so proud of him and his never ending passion for growing, learning, and exploring life. Happy 4th Birthday, Owen.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't believe that I've never been in a room with this little boy, I feel like I know him so much!

He and Dylan are kindred spirits FOR SURE.

I can't WAIT to get these two boys together.

Amy said...

First, every year on his birthday I can't help but want to Thank You for allowing me to be there for his birth, and now watching him grow is just as rewarding. But tell Owen to enjoy pre-school, Taylor wants to go back to pre-school, 'it is more fun mama'. Love you Owen

Anonymous said...

hey AM- haven't talked with you in a while, but it's pretty cool looking at your blog. I need to update mine. We have a little girl due on Halloween this year and I hope Daniel and her are as good of friends as Kylee and Owen seem to be :)

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday to Owen! Wow, 4 years old already! What a sweet boy!

Sunny said...

I just can't believe how big Owen has gotten. I feel like time is just passing us by in super-speed!!!