Monday, November 2, 2009

An October Post...

October came and went, and we are well on our way to the holiday season. I seriously can't believe that! This fall has been wonderful- waking up on cool mornings to the smell of the wood stoves burning all around town, watching little ones play soccer on warm afternoons, the beautiful colors everywhere... ahhh. Definitely my favorite season. One new fall festivity we enjoyed recently was our favorite winery's 2nd Annual Crush. I always love walking up to an event where there is a big bounce house + live music + wine- you know all members of the family are in store for a fun day. The kids went on the free hay ride, picked out pumpkins, bounced their little hearts out- while the grownups enjoyed wine, good food and music, and even got 3rd place (and a 1/2 case of wine!) in a grape crush relay competition! I LOVE One Maple Winery! We can't wait for next year!

Go Scribner Construction- Team #4!

Wes and Sis-in-Law Melissa pick grapes super fast!

Sis-in-Laws Bridget and I are the stompers!

After taking 3rd, our team is ready to come back next year for the title!

The kids take a hay ride

My kids enjoying this wonderful family day

On this weekend, we were lucky to have my parents for a visit to join in on the fun. We celebrated Madison and Kylee's birthdays a week early with the grandparents. Here is my favorite pic with Grandma and Madi.
After a day at the winery, we all went to Turtle Bay together- which is always a great stop for the kids.


What an awesome weekend!
I have always loved this time of year- but since becoming a mom, fall also has become a bit more hectic than other seasons because I chose to give birth to my 3 children in September, October, and November- so fall also means BIRTHDAY PARTY MADDNESS! Stay tuned for our Halloween Birthday Bash post...

No comments: