Monday, September 3, 2007

Great Weekend


This weekend was awesome. My parents came for a visit, and they surprised us by bringing my brother, John, too! We met at a Luau BBQ on Saturday in Lewiston, at Wes' brother's house. It is always SO fun for the kids to be able to have a party with the cousins, and they had a blast. I was the DD so I spent a lot of time supervising the late night kid crew (which included snuggling with baby Lexi- my sister-in-law's sister's baby!) But I got to get in on the grown-up fun, too, and participated in the pool tournament. (Unfortunately, I remembered that I did not receive my dad or my brother's pool playing skills- and I was eliminated early on.) We got the family home late, and were up early for church. Then, Kylee got a special treat- she and Uncle Johnny walked to the park (with my parent's new BIG puppy, Beau) and they had a ton of fun. We all had lunch, then headed out to Wes' parent's house for some river rafting. It was a great float- we saw a family of river otters, watched a few groups catch some big fish, and mostly just loved drinking beers (Sunday, Wes was DD- yay, Wes!!) and spinning wildly through the not-so-huge rapids on this stretch of the trinity river. Wes' parents house is on the river, so we pulled our rafts out and had a great time BBQing and having cocktails with them last light. This morning, Wes went back to work and my family had to head back to Oakland. But, before they left- we had some coffee and Kylee showed them her preschool, and was a little sad that her teachers and friends weren't there to meet the family because of Labor Day. It is always hard to say goodbye, especially to get back into the routine after such a great time this weekend! Luckily, we are heading down to Oakland next weekend for some more good times and for the Raider's season opener- Go Raiders!


Owen loves the attention from the ladies after playing in the jump house



Uncle Johnny and Owen play at the Luau BBQ

Playing beauty shop in Brynn's Beauty Parlor


All the girls pile on Anne Marie for a group photo

The Luau pool tourney
The Francos raft the Trinity River



Grandpa and Owen are happy to have shade on the float

Daddy and Kylee

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Jessica said...

How fun!
Go Raiders!!

Sunny said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Can't wait for the big "Mountain House No-Sleep Sleep Over" hosted by the PS Franco East All-Inclusive Resort and Spa.

I hope you all are ready for another fun-filled weekend. See you all soon!

Anne Marie said...

Sunny-
We can't wait for the "MH no-sleep sleepover." What fun is a sleepover if you spend the whole time sleeping?! So this resort and spa... does it offer pedicures? I think the ladies may need to get their toes done after a late night of partying!