Monday, November 26, 2007

On to the big boy bed!

My November project was to re-do Owen's room and take out all the baby stuff. I finished the "construction theme" on the walls and painted his dresser early in the month. My parents let us have my old twin bed, and Owen loves it! He's enjoying his new freedom, and really likes reading stories and going to sleep in his own big bed- just like Kylee's. It's such a weird feeling to have the crib stored away, it's been a staple in our houses for 4 years. It definitely feels like a milestone to have both the kids happily going to sleep in their own beds! It's official, Owen is a big boy!
This was Owen's Nursery when we moved into our house in 2005
Here are the kids, jumping off the new bed!

This dresser was my mom's as a child, and my brothers and I all used it. It was wooden with circus clowns originally! I painted it the nursery colors when I was pregnant with Kylee (it's shown in the 1st picture.) Here's what it looks like today.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the cute knobs! I can't believe he's in a big boy bed already. Wasn't he just born?! I swear you were pregnant with him at houseboat a few months ago!

Jessica said...

Um, what are you doing early next year AM? You could come over to my house and help me do-over my kids' rooms...
Just a suggestion...
I could make cake. Or Jello shots. Whatever.