Monday, December 17, 2007

Celebrating the Holidays in Trinity County

When I was a little girl, I danced in The Nutcracker with the Oakland Ballet. For me, this ballet always kicked off the holiday season. Last year, my mom took Kylee and me to the Nutcracker in Oakland, but this year the holidays were looking too busy to find a time to go. A few weeks ago, I opened our Trinity Journal... the once a week, small town publication we enjoy every Wednesday... and there was an ad for a special performance by the Redding City Ballet dancers right here in Weaverville's new performing arts theater. Tickets sold out fast, but we were able to get some! I totally enjoyed this "sophisticated" girls outing in Weaverville. Kylee and my niece, Brynn, were absolutely darling in their holiday pretty dresses, and Grandma Linda, Bridget and I really loved having a glass of wine together before the show. I was very impressed with our new theater, with the beautiful dancing of the Redding City Ballet, and with the overwhelming support our small town gave this ballet company... they said they'd be back next year with two shows!

After the Ballet on Saturday, Wes and I went to a holiday party while the kids had a sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa. It was such a great time with great local friends, Wes and I even loved the short walk home to our house all bundled up in our winter attire. The next day, we had our "Scribner Christmas Fiesta," which was wild and fun and we all got completely spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa. The kids our having a blast enjoying all their new toys, and we are ready to begin our travels to our Franco Christmas this coming weekend... followed by Santa's Christmas back home on Christmas morning. Maybe it was the ballet, maybe being surrounded by so many loved ones, maybe that it's been spitting snow and getting SO close to actually having our first couple of inches... but no matter what the reason, I can officially say, I really do feel the wonderful joys of the Christmas Season.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: