Sunday, March 2, 2008

Race Day in Redding

We started off March with a bang- and ran in our Annual John Frank Memorial Race in Redding with my parents, and Wes' mom. We even pushed our kids and nephew, Taylor, in jogging strollers for the 3 mile race- which was great! Wes and I took turns alternating between single and double joggers, and just had fun having the kids experience the race with us. Next year, we'll get down early enough for the kids to compete in the 1 mile race- they are getting really excited to be a part of this event each year. Linda did great in her race, she smoked her time from last year! My mom and dad were as amazing as always- not only do they do great in the 10 mile race, but this year they had the energy to drive the hour back to our house with our kids, and their dogs. Then they played outside with them, soaked in the hot tub with them-while fending off MANY attempts of their German Shepard to join them in the tub.... AND watched the kids at bedtime so Wes and I could catch a late night movie. I don't know how they do it- thanks so much, mom and dad! They headed back to Oakland on Sunday, and they are already missed- we all had such a great time. Here are some pictures from the weekend.

All set to start the race

Wes with the kids at the finish

The kids get some playtime


Hanging with the group and the dogs at the finish

Grandpa teaches Kylee to chuck-it for Beau

2 comments:

Sunny said...

WOW!! What an amazing day!! That is incredible to run, drive through Buck Horn, play with the kids, soak in the hot tub, and baby sit for the night!! They must have super powers because I'm tired just thinking about such a busy day!! Well I can't wait to head up for easter!! I know it will be a blast!!

Anne Marie said...

I know- I thought the SAME thing, I could use their super-powers on some of these long, tiring days! We can't wait for Easter, either- it is going to be awesome to have some more quality family time together.