Sunday, June 8, 2008

Grandparents Rock!

We just had an awesome visit from my parents- who were here for Kylee's graduation and a few days after. I always love having them here, we stay busy playing with the kids and dogs, running, hitting coffe shops, and we even headed up to the lake. My dad decided to get rolling on some yard work while he was here, so we got the whole family involved with mowing, and trimming the lawn- which I usually do solo. Thanks so much for all the help and the good times, mom and dad!

They left Saturday morning, and Wes and I were heading to Arcata on the coast to look at some Whitewater playboats he'd found on craigs list. Wes' mom graciously offered to take the kids for the day- and even had them stay the night Friday so we could just get up and go. What a treat! We had a beautiful 2 hour drive along the Trinity River, with a lovely stop at our new favorite coffee "oasis," Strawhouse Coffee, for some delicious coffee, bagel sandwiches, and a breathtaking riverside view. Wes is getting into river kayaking with some of our local buddies- it is a bit EXTREME for my taste- but I was happy to help him shop for great deals on a sport kayaks. Heck, the Trinity River is practically in our backyard, and people come from all over the west coast to play on this river- so I'm glad to see Wes getting into such a fun new sport. He's now got all the basics- most importantly the helmet and vest for safety- and is planning on getting out on the lake ASAP to practice rolls and all sorts of tricks before he hits the river.

Here are some pictures from our visit with my mom and dad, and, of course- Wes showing off his new gear! A big THANKS to Wes' parents for taking care of the kids-we had a great day, and I know the kids did, too.







1 comment:

Sunny said...

WOW!! What a busy weekend and thank goodness for grandparents!! They are so awesome!! I think I might have to pass on the "extreme water sports"....You know I always have bad luck...

Its good to see that you are able to have so much fun so close to home. There's not that much water around here in the big MH, but if there was, we would take advantage too!! I can't wait to come up again and hopefully spend some time on the lake too! Love you all!!