Thursday, April 24, 2008

Numero Tres

I'm writing this post listening to "Go, Diego, Go!," and it's inspiring me to use my spanish numbers today. So, here it is, for those of you who know and have yet to find out- here's my BIG post about our new baby on the way! That's right, numero tres. I found out just over 2 months ago... and kept the secret from the kids for eight hours while we waited for Dad to get home from work. While we waited, they helped me make cookies and a card!







The whole time, the kids thought the big surprise was the cookies- they had no idea what the cookies said.

After we finished eating all the cookies, we told the kids- even though it was still VERY early. Kylee was beyond excited, Owen said "Yay!" and continued to play with his tractor. We were going out that night, so we knew we had to tell Wes' family- pretty much because if I'm not drinking when we go to a bar- they know I must be pregnant. When we got to Grandma and Grandpa's house, Kylee blurted it out right away to the babysitters, their mom, and everyone! So, the secret was immediately out. We knew she was excited, and thought it was cute how she told them. But, we knew that we'd have to do a little bit of talking before she headed to school on Monday and told her all friends- which would mean the whole town would know! We let her put a sticker on her calendar for everyday she could go to school and keep our secret- at the end she would get a present. It totally worked! We gave her the ok to tell her class last week, and she excitedly told them. Her teachers we amazed a preschooler kept such a big secret for 2 months!

I'm happy to be done with my first trimester, though I can't complain because I was lucky again, minimal nausea, and discomfort! The only setback was EXTREME EXHAUSTION. I'm hoping to have much more energy in the next couple of weeks. So, that's our news- we are very excited, and are getting used to the idea that we'll be a family of 5 this November. We believe the due date will be November 2- just two days before Kylee's 5th Birthday! And big sis is more than happy to have a new baby for a birthday gift... she's just really hoping it'll be a girl this time around!

4 comments:

Sunny said...

All I can say is that I am super stoked and I am so happy for you!! Congrats W.A.M.K.O.(P?) I can't wait to meet my new niece or nephew in November!!

Jessica said...

You guys are such copycats! :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!
I could not be happier for you!
Seriously! I'm stoked! I yelled out YAY!
Ask Bob, he was there.
Yay yay yay!!!!

Anne Marie said...

thanks guys! i know, jessey, i totally copied you! i will be turning to you for much guidance in the coming months :)

Jessica said...

I hope I'm not too pummeled down by my three angels to give coherent tips!
I was JUST wondering the other day when you two were going to go for three!
Yay!