Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Whole Lotta Shaking

I'm starting to feel like the earthquakes are following me. When we were in Tahoe this weekend, we all thought we were going crazy when we felt the couch moving while we were hanging out. And then, last night, I was listening to a telemarketer talk my ear off when my kitchen table started shaking and creaking. I stepped away from it, and it continued to creak, and the windows made some popping sounds. I decided I was crazy, two times in four days in completely different Mountain Ranges- that doesn't happen. Well, it did- 4.0 in Tahoe, 5.2 in Trinity. Nothing major- but enough to make me think, if things are starting to shake where we are- where earthquakes RARELY happen, maybe we should all start thinking about earthquake kits and all that. Man, I haven't thought seriously about an Earthquake since the bay area's one in '89, and now I have kids to "teach" about them. What's the rule these days, do we still "duck and cover." Are doorways still the safest place? Hmmmm... I'm sure Kylee will learn the new age safe stuff at preschool today, and then she can teach me :)

No comments: