Thursday, January 31, 2008

Congrats to John and Nicola!



I woke up this morning at 5:15, as my brother called from Germany to spread word that he's a Daddy! Nicola had a C-Section, and John was by her side as their daughter arrived in this world at 3:46 am, PST. Joline wieghed in at 2.910 kg, which we think is 6 lbs 6 oz- a very healthy size for being two weeks early! She is 19.7 inches long.

John is such a proud Daddy, and was just overjoyed as he described her dark hair and sweet little (already sharp!) finger nails :) I was brought to tears as Nicola held Jo-Jo to the phone so I could hear my sweet little God Daughter cry on the other side of the world! I'm beyond excited for you, John and Nicola, I can tell you are already feeling how "life changing" becoming a parent is. I am so happy for my brother- the first of the Franco Boys to enter parenthood! I can't wait to see pictures, and will be posting when I get them. I think there is no other way to describe the joy that I have this morning than using a famous quote from John..."Whooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo!"

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats to everyone on the new addition to the Franco Family. I can't wait to see her, pictures will do for now, but I'm looking forward to seeing her in person.

A special note to the new Mommy and Daddy, way to go, Mom take it easy and don't push your body, you let John do everything until you feel better.

Andrea said...

Congratulations on the newest Franco baby! She looks precious!