Thursday, February 21, 2008

Family


For Kylee's president's week off, I decided to take the kids on on road trip. We knew we'd miss daddy- but thought it'd be good to give him a few days to get some of his office work done in peace and quiet. On our trip, we packed our days with fun in while visiting my brother and sis in Mountain House, and then my family in Oakland. This was the first trip where I felt like my kids are all grown up. Instead of a stroller, I brought a trike and scooter. Instead of diaper changes, we stopped at rest areas for potty breaks for the whole family. The kids are movie zombies, so driving for 4-5 hours straight was a breeze- they just took turns picking movies the whole way! Even though we had some rain- Auntie had the great idea to take the kids ice skating- they've never been, and both did SUPER adapting to the ice. When the sun was out, so were we- walking and playing at playgrounds. I definitely want to take advantage of future school breaks and take more trips like this. It's great for the kids to get some city exposure, and even better for us all to get some extra quality time with the family. Love you guys, thanks for a great time!

4 comments:

Sunny said...

That was an awesome slide show!! This weekend was so much fun and I can't wait to do this again soon! Ice skating was so much fun and the kids did great!!

Andrea said...

That sounds fabulous! Both kids potty trained and watching movies quietly on long car trips. I guess that means I've got another year before Ava hits that stage...It also sounds like if your kids are so grown up, it might be time for #3!

Amy said...

I wish I would have planned better for this vacation because I would have taken Taylor on a road trip. It is great for them to see life other than their little world. I remember not to long ago, your trips to Oakland took 6-8 hours, with feedings, changings and stretching. Baby #3 isn't a bad idea, you two have such wonderful children and you are great parents, I'm all for another niece or nephew!LOL

Anne Marie said...

Hey Guys-
I know- it goes by SO fast- road trips are not what they used to be! Going back to the diapers and bottles one day will be quite an adjustment!
Amy- I really want to get the kids to a zoo this spring! We tried to go this week, but they closed because of the rain. When the weather starts to get nice, we'll have to plan a trip together- maybe we'll do SAC since it's a bit closer and we could meet up with your crew, Andrea!