Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The past week...

was exhausting! Between a day-long battle with extreme false labor pains last Tuesday, a Dr. check-up, battling my own cold, taking care of sick kids who stayed home from school, field trips at school, two soccer games, baking for Kylee's snack and share day, early morning ballet class for Kylee on Saturday, and me getting a HORRIBLE stomach virus on Sunday... I'm wiped out. Today I'm back in Mommy mode, and had enough energy to help out in the classroom. Now, I've even got a few moments to catch you up on our busy week. Here are a few pics from Owen's walking field trip to the Children's Garden for pumpkins, crafts, some garden harvesting, warm apple cider and fresh pumpkin seeds.

Owen and some of the girls listen to a Pumpkin story

Owen and Sara compare Pumpkins at the craft table

Brian, Natalia, and Owen work on clearing out all the plants who have not made it through the frosty nights.

In pregnancy news, I'm currently not feeling the onset of labor as I was last Tuesday, and last week my Dr. confrimed that I was only 1-2cm dilated and 50% effaced, so I think delivery is still a ways off. I've got a check-up tomorrow, but I don't imagine anything will have changed. I'm planning an early B-Day party for Kylee this weekend, so I'm hoping we are still pregnant and not rushing off to the delivery room during the B-Day bash. And, I also figure the longer this baby stays inside, the better for the baby- we've just been devastated by colds, coughs and stomachaches this school year. Hopefully, we'll be all done with this maddness and healthy in time for bringing home baby.

That's all for now... I'll post more about our weekend projects when I get another free moment!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

My goodness you've been busy!!!

I am so happy for the update! I'm sorry to hear that everyone hasn't been feeling that great. I hope all goes well for this weekend and we'll hope that #3 stays in for a little while longer (even though I can't wait to meet her!!!)

Good luck with everything and keep us posted (if you have time!).

The Mom said...

How exciting!! It's the home stretch! I'm getting antsy waiting for you. Makes me want to have another... :-o