Friday, October 24, 2008

Quick Update

For those of you who are checking in every now and then to see if the baby has arrived... nope! I'm still waddling my insanely pregnant belly around with no signs of active labor. I love the last days of pregnancy, where people- both grown-ups and little kids, stare in amazement at the massive growth on my frontside. Yesterday, Owen and I silenced the whole Kindergarten wing of the school as we walked towards the parents waiting to pick up children. One dad spoke up and said, "We are all just in awe..." Nice. I'm here everyday people! My belly is going to just expand until this little girl decides it's time to come out. I know people are just excited, they want to see a baby, and I know everyday they hope they don't see me and that I'll be in the hospital... but I keep telling them, it's going to be awhile, sit back and watch me grow. They ask me how I feel, and I tell them "huge" or "ready to pop," and, to be honest, over the last few days... I'm really starting to feel rather "circus-freakish." I'm trying to not take too much offense to the stares and all that, some days I feel like hiding out at home in comfy clothes, with no worries if my belly isn't completely covered by my huge maternity shirts anymore. But, I want to remain active with the kids schools as much as I can while I can... so I just have to deal with it.

And had I hid out at home today... I would have missed this very proud mommy moment for my little girl: Kylee was honored by her principal as a Student of the Month at their school assembly! She stood out for Outstanding Efforts, Attitude, and Achievement in her Kindergarten classroom.

I didn't get much video... but documented the "moment!"

Kylee looks nervous, but luckily her two good buddies, Ben and Tristan were right beside her the whole time.

Back in the bleachers, I almost catch a smile from my proud little girl!


Kylee had no idea she was going to get an award, and told me afterward that she was really nervous, and was listening to her heart beat really loud the whole time she stood up there. So cute! I don't blame her- I was shocked at the turnout for the assembly. I didn't know there was going to be a full house at 9am. There were parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends of those who were being honored, I couldn't even get a parking spot and was standing way in the back trying to get a good picture and documentation for the family who couldn't be there. Next time I'll know to get there super early!

So, that's my "not-so-quick" Quick Update on our baby status/proud mommy moment going into the weekend. Hope everyone has a nice one!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Way to go Kylee! We are all so proud of you. Anne Marie I gained 50 lbs with Taylor, your belly is much cuter than mine was. Although I will agree with you on how your belly has stretched to max capacity. Hang in there mommy she will be here soon.