Monday, October 13, 2008

Tahoe Weekend


Ross and Suzanne toast with "Ruby" Red wine on their Ruby Anniversary

The group picture at the dinner celebration

Kylee and Uncle Dave enjoy a heated game of Memory

Our family, all dressed up... and the kids all smiles after sitting at dinner for 3.5 hours! They were sooooo well behaved at this fancy restaraunt.

Mom and her little girl, and baby girl-to-be!

We had a great visit with family for my parents 40th Anniversary. It was freezing cold with snow flurries most of the weekend. We had a family run/walk Saturday morning, and a nice coffee shop breakfast. The kids loved spending time with their Grandparents, Uncles and Auntie Devon, and were SO well behaved- it amazed us! We had no kid activities planned, and they didn't really mind, they just loved hanging out and playing with the family they don't get to see as much. Seeing as Owen was getting over a cold, and I was feeling very pregnant- we ended up hanging out at our motel 6 for a restful Saturday afternoon. Wes worked on some drafting, and I even got a nap! It was nice to finally have some down time, especially since I had a bunch of contractions on the drive up Friday night, and I wanted rest, so as to insure we'd get through the weekend and back home before the baby decided to make an early appearance. In the back of all of our minds was a prediction of and "early arrival" from a fellow soccer mom a few weeks ago. I don't even know this mom's name, but she ran up to me at one of Kylee's games and said, "You're going to think this is weird, but I had a dream about your baby!" She told me she's never wrong about these things and her dream told her that the baby is coming early and I'm not going to be ready. It totally freaked me out! My friend who was sitting with me said, "How early are we talking?" And she said "Two weeks." Great. Should I even try to be ready if her dream already said I'm not going to be? What does this mean? I told her my kids don't come early, but I went home I decided I should probably do my best to BE ready, just in case. I got to work packing mine & Wes' overnight bag, the kids extra clothing and activity bags, and the new baby's diaper bag. I have the car seat all washed up, and everything has been sitting in the corner of my closest since the "prediction." As we traveled 5 hours away from our house, just about two weeks before my due date, I thought "Ahhhh! I am all ready if I go into labor at home! What if it happens this weekend? Then the soccer mom is right, I am soooooo not ready... everything I packed is there!" So, luckily, the baby hung in there for the whole trip, and now we are back home and all ready to hit the road anytime, if neccessary. Except... the hospital is 1.5 hours away, and Wes is working 1 hour away from me today. I'm ready to go, but transportation wise... not so much. Hang in there a a little longer, Baby Scribner! We can make it til due date!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hang in there mommy. You know I'm just a phone call away and will drop everything to get you to the hospital in time. Remember when you had Owen, I made that trip in an hour, I can do it again!!! I'm glad you visit was a nice restful one, you need that now. Congrates to your parents on their Ann. too.
Love Auntie