Thursday, October 30, 2008

Preg. Update

Yesterday we had our weekly exam, and I didn't get checked because I was feeling no signs of labor. Also, Owen was with me, and I didn't want him asking all sorts of questions about how, exactly, that Dr was going to get that big baby out of my belly.
Also, we had a very quick check-up because we were rushing back home (1 hr away) for Kylee's last soccer game and pizza party. We didn't want to miss that! At my exam, the nurse who weighs me said- "You lost a pound- that means it's time." And she handed me my appointment card for next week, even though she said I'll most likely have the baby before then. My Dr. set me up to be induced next Thursday, Nov. 6, if we've had no baby by then.
Last night, we had a great time with Kylee's team and family who came to support her. We got the kids in bed, and were in bed by 10:30 ourselves (early for us!) I had a very restless night, woke up about every hour, and stayed up for good at 4am. I wasn't sure if I overdid it on the pizza, or had a return of the stomach bug, or maybe the baby was on her way. I took a shower and have been drinking lots of water, to see if that would make me better. That seemed to slow down and stop all the false labor I've had so far this pregnancy. I've been having mild contractions about every 7-10 min and am thinning. I called the baby counter at our hospital, she said to continue to monitor my contractions- but not to make the trip until I have contractions that are intense enough to make it difficult to walk or talk. Wes is working in town today, so he should be easy to reach in case things progress. I'm off to get the kids up and ready for school... I'm not sure if today is the day, but today sure is off to an exciting start. And regardless of what happens, it looks like within the next week- we will definitely have our new little girl!


UPDATE @ 2pm:
I'll try to post more often now that we're getting closer. I have been having contractions all day, but am convinced it's just another false labor day. Nothing has been crazy unbearable, but definitely different from other days. I'm exhausted from not sleeping last night, I've got the kids back from school and am going to try to convince them to rest in front of a movie with me. I need a little rest to get me through the day, especially if this does turn into full-on labor!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, that's exciting news. I hope it's today! But either way, we know it will be soon! I'll be sending easy labor thoughts your way today!

Sunny said...

I am super excited!!!! I wish you all the luck and I can't wait to meet my new little niece!!!

Meredith said...

Sounds like you are close! I remember feeling terrible and not sleeping the day before my water broke. Good luck and keep us posted!

Amy said...

Hang in there sis, you know we are just a phone call away.
Sweet dreams, I hope you get some sleep tonight.

nevadajewel said...

Congratulations on your new addition! Madison is so beautiful and perfect! What a wonderful halloween treat. Hope you and the baby are doing great. Love and miss you all... cousin Julie xoxo